Strength & Conditioning Specialist
North Vancouver, B.C.
- Played rugby in New Zealand
- Competed at rep and provincial levels in baseball, snowboarding, football, and rugby
- Earned All-Provincial team honors in football and rugby in high school
- Played rugby at UBC
- Personal trainer at Level 10 since 2013
- Athletic trainer at Capilano Rugby Club, 2012-2014
- Concussion study researcher at UBC in 2016
Some of my guiding principles
If you have proper shoulder and hip function (mobility and stability), can dissociate either or both from the spine, and are able to hold tension in your spine, you are ahead of most people.
Causes I care about
I'm currently publishing a paper on neurological trauma in rugby players related to force of impact .
I give back to my community by volunteering for programs such as the Developmental Disabilities Association, Special Olympics BC and Neuromotion.
I hope to one day develop viable and pragmatic treatment modalities for people who suffer from trauma-related neurological injuries.
I focus my education and professional development on injury prevention, rehabilitation and neurophysiology as it relates to trauma sustained in sport.
What my clients can expect
A lot technical feedback, a high work rate, quality patterning (movement- neuromuscular), and no cheating allowed! Maybe a smile from time to time.