Owner – Strength & Conditioning Specialist
West Vancouver, B.C.
- Professional football player with the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the CFL until 1995
- All-star and captain of the UBC Football Team for four years
- Recipient of football scholarship to the University of British Columbia
- Recipient of the Howe Sound Zone Scholarship for Academic and Basketball Excellence
- Recipient of the Brian Upson Memorial Award for Outstanding Character and Basketball Excellence
- Recipient of the Ian Kelsey Award for Outstanding Character
- Recipient of the Frank Gnup Scholarship for Excellence in Academics, Character and Football to UBC
- Trainer of 13 Olympic medalists (5 Gold, 5 Silver, 3 Bronze), 12 world champions and over 200 World Cup podium winners in wrestling, track cycling, snowboarding, ski pipe and triathlon
- Coach of athletes who have gone on to participate on sports' biggest stages: Football - Super Bowl, Grey Cup, Vanier Cup; Hockey - Stanley Cup, Hockey World Cup, World Championships, Jr Worlds, Memorial Cup, RBC Cup; Baseball - World Series, World Baseball Classic
- Head strength and conditioning coach and consultant for 12 national teams: Canada Snowboard (3), Triathlon, Tae Kwon Do, Women’s Field Hockey, Whitewater, Flatwater, Rhythmic Gymnastics, Ski Pipe, Men’s Wrestling, Sailing
- Head coach for several Canadian National Development Teams - Wrestling (boys & girls), Sailing, Snowboard and Tennis
- Head strength and conditioning coach for Team BC for the 2007 Canada Winter Games and the 2005 Canada Summer Games
- Head strength and conditioning coach for the UBC Football Team, UBC Men’s Basketball Team, UBC Women’s and Men’s Volleyball Teams; consulted with the UBC Men’s and Women’s Rowing Teams 1999-2006
- Lecturer and consultant to various universities and colleges (Canada and the US), secondary schools (across Canada) and club teams (across Canada) for speed and power development, endurance training, as well as in-season, off-season and pre-season strength and conditioning programs
- Consultant for public and private health and fitness organizations for business development and culture building
- Founder and Owner of Level 10 since 1997
Some of my guiding principles
Seize the opportunity each day to get better.
Value the privilege I have each day to work with great cohorts and amazing clients.
Causes I care about
I've teamed up with a select group of leading practitioners and designed a program called Integrated Athlete Development (IAD). This program helps to build life and psychological skills, movement fundamentals and recovery strategies for youth 9-12 years-old and the entire LTAD continuum. IAD has consulted with various institutions and sport organizations to enhance their coaching skill set as well as athlete development. We hope to continually expand IAD across the country and globally to kids and athletes in their communities.
I'm Vice Chair of the Board at SportMed BC.
I'm a volunteer coach for youth, community and high school football, both tackle and flag, and help with team and charity events in the community.
What my clients can expect
Each session my clients can expect to get my focused attention and passion to assist them in achieving their goals and a better quality of life. For some it can mean getting back movement proficiency. For many it can be feeling empowered as they deal with a physical or psychological ailment. For others it can be acquiring the tools needed to be world champions in their chosen sport.